Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Previsualization

This project marks the first time I have created storyboards and a marked shooting script. At first I was sure I'd ruin our overall vision of the project with my terrible drawing skills, but it surprisingly didn't turn out that bad. I'm quite proud of myself for not taking the easy road and drawing stick figures! Although one of the more tedious tasks, I'm so thankful storyboarding is a part of the pre-production process. I have a much better understanding for what exactly we'll be filming and I'll be able to easily reference the storyboards, along with the marked shooting script, overheads, shot list, etc., for a (hopefully) straightforward and productive shoot. Creating the marked shooting script was not as difficult as storyboarding; we had a vision in mind and just needed to express it in writing. The concept for our film involves delusional perceptions; this means that the image we see in POV (while the characters are on drugs) will not be the same as what we see in a more omniscient shot. It was tricky figuring out how to go about going from POV to OTS shot/reverse shot (for example) without making it too disorienting for the audience. After pitching our ideas on Wednesday, Ryne and I met to polish up and distinguish camera movement for the storyboards, time the script, and make a shot list for our shooting schedule. 

Being in the directing position for the first time was a bit intimidating at first, especially with other group members who are so much more knowledgeable and have more experience. However, I can't thank them enough; they've been a huge help and very patient with me in this learning process- I've learned so much already!

Had to share this.. my first attempt at drawing a unicorn..yikes my drawing skills need some improving!


No comments:

Post a Comment