Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Final thoughts..

I have learned so much about filmmaking in just one semester & I owe it all to taking the FST 201 course. This class allowed me to explore the different areas of film production, discover my strengths and weaknesses, and find that I am comfortable with and greatly enjoy producing. Prior to taking this course, I was well aware that everyone working in the film industry should be educated on all the departments, individual jobs, and what each person does, but I figured it wasn't detrimental if I didn't know exactly how the camera was operated/functioned or what the editing process was if I worked in a different department. I now know that it is EXTREMELY important (to the infinite power!) to know everyone's jobs, what they're job description is, and how every job is like a puzzle piece and each one is as important as the next to make a production run smoothly!As for myself, I learned that where I lack in coming up with creative content, I make up for in organization and attention to detail. I enjoyed being in the directorship position for the Bran & Park project and it was definitely a learning experience, but I found more success as a producer and it gave me the confidence to pursue it further. On a personal note, this class has allowed me to learn to roll with the punches! Each project definitely had its issues; in the past I would not have handled it without feeling anxious at some point (perfectionism at its finest), but I've become more adaptable from each situation and went panic attack free all semester..woohoo!

Thank you for a great semester Shannon! I thoroughly enjoyed the class & can't wait to take your Doc class in the Fall :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment