Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Let Me Tell You Something About Janis Ian...

What didn't I learn this unit? Sound/using the sound equipment is probably my area of least expertise. I've watched everyone else in all my previous groups deal with sound while I handled lighting, producing or directing, so this was my first time getting to operate the sound equipment. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be; all the functions and settings of the H4N were pretty self explanatory and easy to navigate. The only thing I kept forgetting was to stop recording, you hit "stop" instead of "record" again... so we had to edit out some interesting random conversations :) The most difficult part of recording was probably getting ambient noise outside without getting sporadic interruptions; I suppose the interruptions would become part of the ambient noise, but we were striving for a nice, clean sound. Oh yes, one last thing I will remember for the future.. although the sound booth gives US great sound, everyone else in the room can still very much hear it. My apologies to the students who were working in the editing lab; next time I'll wait til the room is empty to scream at the top of my lungs or cry like my boyfriend broke up with me!

Thank you to Kelley for teaching me how to operate the sound equipment! Also, thank you to Kayla for the refresher & walking me through how to compress the sound & open it in Final Cut Pro. Aaand thank you Jason for showing me some Final Cut shortcuts!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent team work. Being open to learning from your peers is going to be essential as you go forward in your career. Kudos to your team for helping each other out!

    ReplyDelete